Job Posting – Development Associate (8 Week Contract)
The Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation is dedicated to raising the funds necessary to meet the needs of our growing community. Together, we have a strong vision for the future of Stevenson Memorial Hospital, centered on a revitalized hospital, state-of-the-art equipment, and comfortable, modern patient spaces. We exist to raise funds for Stevenson Memorial Hospital by collaborating with our hospital, our community and our donors.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Campaign Manager, the Development Associate is responsible for a variety of projects, capitalizing on their administrative and coordinating skills, while developing an aptitude for the fundraising cycle.
Campaign Support (20%)
- Work in collaboration with the campaign manager supporting the needs of the campaign cabinet, its committees and its volunteers.
- Support Development team with fundraising activities, as required.
Stewardship & Donor Recognition (20%)
- Assist the Donor Engagement Coordinator to confirm recognition and stewardship publications including SMH donor recognition wall.
- Assist the fundraising team with donor engagement activities such as thank you phone calls, emails and other touch-points.
- Support the Donor Engagement Coordinator in the creation process of the Annual Report.
- Update and maintain constituent interactions, codes & recognition records in our CRM.
- Social Media and website management support, as required.
- Work with the Database Administrator to assist with research projects necessary to help build and segment the database by industry/sector. Review prospects list and analyze to make appropriate coding recommendations.
- Assist EA & Board Liaison with the preparation of the Annual Meeting of Members.
- Provide administrative and special projects support, as required.
- Participate and support the work of special event committees as needed.
- Possess a high level of judgement, attention to detail, superior customer service skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and deal with sensitive information.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience researching, summarizing and analyzing data to support requests for information
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence, and learn information quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrated and exceptional writing, grammar, and editing skills.
- Experience assisting others during the planning, coordination and execution of events.
- Demonstrated proficiency in meeting scheduling, coordination and calendar management.
- Strong keyboarding and data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines and procedures and as part of a team.
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious relationship with colleagues.
- Ability to have fun at work.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents).
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- $15.00 /hr.
- Full-time/Temporary 37.5 hrs. a week.
- Available through the duration of the contract.
- Hybrid model, on-site as required.
Please submit cover letter (1 page) and resume (2 pages max.) in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply for this job, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Application deadline: 2022-05-12