JOB POSTING – Development Manager
(Full-time, 12 Month Contract with the potential to become permanent)
Stevenson Memorial Hospital is a progressive health care facility located in New Tecumseth that services South Simcoe and surrounding communities. Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation has launched the Because of you, we can Campaign, a bold $43 million campaign to support the much-needed redevelopment of the hospital, purchase essential equipment and upgrade to leading-edge technology. Today, we invite you to join us on this historic journey so that, together, we can revitalize this invaluable community resource – our local hospital.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Campaign Manager, the incumbent works in collaboration with the Foundation Team to focus on building strong relationships with prospects and donors to inspire philanthropic gifts, as well as support the work of the Campaign Cabinet. The Development Manager will require a hands-on approach, engaging in fundraising activities from start to finish and executing the Campaign Plan including prospecting, solicitation, donor stewardship, partnership, and relationship development.
- Postsecondary education in fundraising, business or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a related role(s) with demonstrated success in securing major gifts
- Demonstrated ability to successfully solicit gifts by identifying and qualifying prospects, managing a portfolio of individuals, corporations and foundations; designing and implementing cultivation strategies, building relationships, and ensuring follow-up activities and stewardship
- Demonstrated success in securing sponsorships
- Proven capacity to identify opportunities and execute initiatives to diversify SMHF’s donor base
- Experience with evaluation and reporting on donor outcomes to influence direction and activities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide information concisely and effectively, tailored to different audiences or supporters
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills that allow for proper task
completion and timely follow-up of activities
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively and thrive under pressure demonstrating superior attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with CRM database (e.g. Bloomerang, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce)
- Eligible to obtain a police background/criminal record check.
Nice to have:
- An understanding of capital campaign best practises
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Build and manage a portfolio of 75-100 relationships with prospects and donors, including individuals, families, foundations and corporations, with a focus on new business development
- Work with community to raise the Foundation’s profile and increase fundraising opportunities
- Represent the Foundation at events
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to create compelling proposals and presentations
- Achieve annual fundraising targets and manage expense budgets
- Support and work with Campaign Cabinet volunteers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Hybrid model working in the office and remotely
- This is a 12-month contract working 37.5 hrs/week
- Salary $30.76/hour or $60,000/year plus 12% in lieu of benefits or 8% if enrolled in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). In lieu of benefits include statutory holiday pay
Interested applicants are asked to submit a PDF cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be posted until fulfilled. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.